Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on February 21, 2004 at 18:28:24:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by Joe Baker on February 20, 2004 at 13:30:46:

I fully agree that someone like Matt should have assistance on this kind of thing. That's what I meant by mentioning that some of us sit and stare at computers all day, and some don't. We can't expect the ones who don't to act like the ones who do.

And I wish I had a filter system like you do....I'm "it" for running numbers and making seat-of-the-pants decisions on taking outages on the transmission system. At one point I instituted a form that had to be filled out because five times in one day I had a different system operater in my office asking the same question...and it gets tiresome. Unlike you, management doesn't do anything at all to try to make my job easier; the pressure gets greater every year as our system gets more complex and I continue to be the only one who can do this kind of work. I do occasionally point out what kind of morass they would be in if I got run over by a bus, but it seems to make no dent in the thinking of those who are directed from the top to continue to cut costs.

MA

Follow Ups: