Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Atlanta Tuba Dad on February 20, 2004 at 17:43:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by Smart Operators= on February 20, 2004 at 14:13:35:

The question was asked:

"What exactly are smart operators?"

Those who understand that the 'Net is simply another tool to use in achieving a goal or a particular set of goals, and who take the time to educate themselves in the best use of that tool.

Sorta like a player with a lousy horn who learns to make great music with it.

When you ask if smart operators are "Profiteers? Idealists? Opportunists looking to cash in? Idiots who need to be told how to conduct their business?" you're asking for a value judgement and I won't play that game.

Smart operators are those who learn to use the tool at hand in the most effective and efficient way, whether that tool be a hammer, a lathe, the 'Net, or a tuba.

If I were a one-man shop/studio/whatever and was receiving an unmanageable level of email, here's what I would try: auto-reply to all emails with text explaining exactly what products or services I offered and then supply a secondary email addy for those who wish to continue to seek my products or services. I think the sales guys call that "pre-qualifying." I would also indicate that it is not possible to reply personally to all email inquiries.

And if that didn't work as well as I wanted, I'd then try another approach.

Follow Ups: