Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LV on February 20, 2004 at 17:33:54:

In Reply to: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by Joe Baker on February 19, 2004 at 18:10:31:

Quite a few posts have been made on this subject. I might as well throw in my $.02.

When it's all said and done, we as tubers and euphers are pretty lucky in this day and age. We have all sorts of options with really great people with whom to work. I can only think of one or two characters that I wouldn't spend money with out of more than a dozen or so people involved in the tuba trade with whom I have dealt.

For example Roger at Brasswind, David Fedderly and co. at Baltimore Brass, and Matt Walters at Dillon (can you think of a nicer, more talented, honest or upfront person to deal with?) Some of these people I consider to be good friends. I feel lucky we have them.

In the end, we, as consumers, need to treat these guys with the respect that we expect from them. If you don't like something, vote with your feet and go elsewhere AFTER being a good customer (manners, etc.).

Every thing we needed to know in life, we should have learned in kindergarten so the poster says. So give the kindergarten teachers a raise!

:0)

FWIW,

LV

Follow Ups: