Re: Low Brass Clinic-Wayne State University

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LV on February 06, 2004 at 20:14:11:

In Reply to: Low Brass Clinic-Wayne State University posted by Neal Campbell on February 05, 2004 at 12:10:11:

First, I'll say I don't know Neal Campbell very well. I have only spoken with him a few times. I have never heard him play. However I do know Wayne State. I went there for undergrad school. When I was there, Oscar Lagasse and Wesley Jacobs were the instructors or professors or whatever (I guess that matters to those in academia...). So, I figure he's in pretty good company with that in Wayne's past. I also know the dept chair and he's a damn good musician and judge of other musicians.

Wayne is a very gritty, urban school and the students who go there AND finish, I think, want to be there. Although the music department is unfortunately smaller than it used to be, once upon a time, people would graduate from Wayne and end up in major orchestras such as Cleveland, Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, LA, and others (as I typed that, I thought of specific players....). As a Wayne Student I toured europe, played in Boston, LA, and a year before I started, Wayne's band was one of the first to tour China.

Take this for what it's worth.

I NEVER leave my email address on my posts as I get enough email (like most of us), but I am this time. Ya want to email me about this, go ahead.

Again, FWIW,

LV

Follow Ups: