Re: Mr. Pokorny meets his hero!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gene Pokorny on February 02, 2004 at 15:07:38:

In Reply to: Mr. Pokorny meets his hero! posted by Sean Chisham on February 01, 2004 at 01:20:18:

Hi Sean, Here is a followup to your comment. Having never done this before, I guess I put it under this "Comments" section than the "Follow Ups" section. Anyway, I would (gulp!!) like to see this posted as a followup. Good to meet up with you. Best wishes, Gene

Follow Up:
Hi Sean,
Thanks for your kind words and thanks for your efforts in keeping this forum up for people to have a means of quick communication, even for some of us who are merely observers. The temptation to post a comment or a clarification of a fact is only offset by the downloading of time that that would take and then the inevitable followup questions and, before you know it, the time that should be devoted to long-tones is shot...at least it would be for me. Anyway, good to meet up with you, Sean, at the Army conference in DC, good to hear so many great players and meet some really wonderful people while there.
Speaking of which, I appreciated everyone who came up and introduced themselves. You have no idea good it feels when one hears what a difference it has made to someone because of a performance here, a lecture there, a particular piece on a CD, etc. It makes me feel that alot of the effort to perhaps expose people to some different music or different ideas has made a positive difference in somebody's musical life. In any case, I appreciate the old friends I ran into and the new acquaintances I made at the conference.
I haven't done many "live shows" outside of the Chicago city limits so I appreciate the invitation from Ross Morgan, Jack Tilbury and Bob Powers to have given me that opportunity again. It was also good to meet Rick "I wondered what you look like!!" Denney whose comments I have particularly enjoyed over the last couple of years on this site.
I look forward to dropping in occasionally to hear what the buzz is. Best wishes to all.
Sincerely,
Gene "Yeah, I was the one who played in the rest in 'Them Basses' at the Army Conference, 2004" Pokorny

Follow Ups: