Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuning a compensating Eb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on February 01, 2004 at 17:25:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuning a compensating Eb posted by LV on February 01, 2004 at 16:55:00:

Thanks for the help,

I agree with you. They are concerned because they have so many different instruments in the cornet section they felt that it would help having matched instruments. Yes it is the MCBB. They brought in Amy Nelson from the Chicago Brass Band just yesterday to work with the cornet section. I attended because I wanted to hear the section play by themselves and I wanted to hear what she had to say. I was very impressed with her presentation and playing. I look forward to hearing her perform at Nabba this year.

I also agree that my horn is just fine for the group and would like to continue on it. We will see what happens in the future with that. I doubt they will be buying new tubas anytime soon. They seem to think the best thing is to have all matching instruments because that is what is done in the UK. I think the reason they have that is because a lot of the bands over there are sponsored by Besson. I guess having matching instruments is not a bad thing but not nessesarily required either.

Thanks again,

Jim

Follow Ups: