Re: Where to make Fletcher or Parker cut?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on February 23, 2003 at 13:29:54:

In Reply to: Where to make Fletcher or Parker cut? posted by Bill on February 23, 2003 at 04:16:03:

I had that cut made on my B&H Eb. The U-shaped piece that you're talking about basically gets moved upward. Look at the ends that go into the ferrels. Basically, you only need to have two ends cut (one on each side), and you make certain that you cut where the tubing is straight, not tapored. I don't own the horn any longer, so I don't remember which was which. But visualize the U-shaped piece moving upwards, and then look for two ends (one on each side) where the tubing is straight. It took me all of about 30 seconds to figure this out, once John Fletcher had suggested it to me. This is a simple cut for a repairman to make, and it's vastly superior to cutting an already short main tuning slide. Obviously, the braces may need to relocated just slightly, but that ain't no big thang either. Good luck.

Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: