Re: Tuba Trio by Anton Reiche

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Troiano on February 21, 2003 at 10:38:11:

In Reply to: Tuba Trio by Anton Reiche posted by Elliott Cole on February 21, 2003 at 10:12:00:

Are you talking about the Eb horn trios? He lived in the late 1700's to early 1800's, so he wouldn't have written for the tuba. If it's the horn trios, they were published in 1958 by International Music in New York.
Side story - I played those trios in a bar near Duke U. in 1975 right after the North Carolina Symphony auditions with Mark Mordue and another tubist from Florida. If any of you guys are reading this, if you remember (and it might be difficult), we had some night!!!! Being that the rock band didn't show, I casually mentioned to the bartender that we had our tubas in our cars because we had auditioned for the N.C. Symphony earlier that day. He invited us to play and I happened to have the Reiche horn trios in my gig bag. We played all of them on the stage that the rock band would have used and we were treated like rock starsfor the rest of the night!! I cannot say anymore in this post on the subject because it wouldn't be appropriate.
There's also the contemporary Danish composer, Kjell Roiker, who wrote tuba solos, duets, and trios, mostly for Michael Lind.

Follow Ups: