Re: Precieux tuba gig bags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bruce h on February 20, 2003 at 10:45:11:

In Reply to: Precieux tuba gig bags posted by Chris on February 19, 2003 at 21:14:24:

I've got one and I'm the only person I know that has one. It's the best bag on the market. Everybody that sees it is amazed at how much better it is than their own brand name bag. The only thing is I'm not sure where you get them. I know the owner of a local music store, who is also a tuba player, and he had one in the back of his store room. He could not remember who he bought it from. He said he bought 2 of the bags from a sellsman a long time ago. He sold one bag and the other had been sitting in the back of his store room ever since. When I saw it I immediately told him I would buy it. He did not know how much to sell it to me for and we finally decided on a very reasonable price.

Sorry I was not able to answer you question on where to get them. I was just suprised to see someone ask about them. I have tried to research who makes and sells this bag and have not been able to find anything about it. I'm thinking my bag was from a test batch of bags and they were so well made that they probably cost more to make than they could be sold for and the company went out of business.

If anybody knows the story behind this bag let us know.

Bruce Hamilton

Follow Ups: