Re: Re: Tuba players and weight

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rex Roeges on February 17, 2003 at 17:38:05:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba players and weight posted by The Sock on February 17, 2003 at 13:37:23:

I agree with all of your conclusions, however, I take issue with: "Getting a good work out in and eating right is easy to do." I think that it depends upon your life situation. When you have children, family issues, career challenges, health challenges, and all those other opportunities that you often don't see early in life, it is definitely not easy to get in a good workout and eat right all of the time. It is the right thing to do, but when it is a choice between attending to those who depend heavily on you, attending to your job (that supports those who depend on you) and attending to your own health, you sometimes have to make choices and live with the consequences.

Now, there are those that say that you can always make time for the things that are really important, and exercise, etc. are really important, but I have often found those people to change their tune when pressed hard by life's circumstances.

I think that the way to win this one is to keep getting back on the healthy eating and regular exercise wagon everytime you find yourself in a fitness "hole". I'm currently in a deep one and trying to find that wagon to jump back on.

Follow Ups: