Re: Re: Concert in South Carolina

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr. Phil Golson on February 14, 2003 at 22:04:06:

In Reply to: Re: Concert in South Carolina posted by Mafia on February 14, 2003 at 09:15:48:

I'm sorry whoever this is feels this way. As a former tuba partner of Mark Chachich and others in this band, I enjoyed my two seasons with the PCB, and it was always my understanding that the group was primarily intended to reunite former players of the various USC wind ensembles. Did/do you perform with these ensembles? Is your complaint against the group, its quality, or the director(s)? Have you ever asked directly about participation, and if so, were there reasons given for lack of inclusion? Are you speaking for yourself, or on others' behalf? Perhaps these things can be resolved if approached from similar tacks. I can certainly understand the feelings of being left out due to the political vagarities of certain people involved there. (if you know me, you'll understand right away.)

I miss the playing of this fine ensemble. Capable of devouring Hindsley transcriptions, huge volumes of sound as well as delicate nuance, it was a real joy. I'm sorry it doesn't translate to everyone who knows the Palmetto Concert Band.

Phil Golson

Follow Ups: