Patrick Sheridan Program

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allison on February 07, 2003 at 10:23:06:

Patrick Sheridan came to my school two days ago (as I had been waiting so impatiently for) and did a program on leadership and communication. It had not much to do with musicality, but it was exactly what my high school band needed. It centered around the first thing he wrote on the board which was "Band=Life" and went on to go through all of the things that we learn in band that will help us in real life. More people were genuinely engaged than I thought possible for my school, and Mr. Sheridan was very funny. It was a very good program and I'm glad that I got the chance to meet this man. He of course showed off his talents (per request) and played his tuba. He did Flight of the Bublebee, which thoroughly amazed everyone, (52 seconds.) He also played, on his Besson Eb, a Beetles song in which he was the guitar, the base and everything. Here he used multiphonics which were amazing! I think I've decided my new life's goal is to master multiphonics. He also played just a love song called Besame Mucho (not sure if I spelled it right, it's in Spanish) to demonstrate how you have to play the music with feeling and do something different to every note. It was a wonderful experience for me and for my entire band and I'm sure that we will be much better for it. As an officer of my band I'd like to arrange more programs like this, as it was so successful. Does anyone have any ideas?

~.::Allison::.~

Follow Ups: