Re: MJT and Jim Self at TMEA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on February 05, 2003 at 15:20:54:

In Reply to: MJT and Jim Self at TMEA posted by Winston Morris on February 05, 2003 at 00:56:00:

I expect to make MJT's performance at TMEA in SA. I am looking forward to hearing the group. San Antonio is my home turf. For those who may not know it, Lee Hipp is the principal tuba with the San Antonio Symphony. He is a fantastic player and a really great guy, as well. Lee has been serving as the conductor for our TubaMeister Christmas. He does a really good job.

Is the rehearsal at St. John's Lutheran Church? If so, that is almight right across the street from the convention center where TMEA is. It is within walking distance(easily). For those who have attended recent TubaMeister Christmas events, it is where our rehearsals have taken place. Be sure to check with Winston to confirm that this is indeed the place.

I know the rehearsal and the performance will be worth hearing. Let's face it: Winston Morris is not only a historical figure, having begun the Tennessee Tech ensemble so many years ago, he is and always has been associated with quality.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: