Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flogging a dead horse...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen Walker on February 04, 2003 at 22:36:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flogging a dead horse... posted by Rick Denney on February 04, 2003 at 11:49:31:

As another engineer, I'd like to add yet more to Rick's excellent speculations. Suppose that hypothetical CC horn we're talking about was cut from a BBb horn identical to the hypothetical BBb horn in our comparison. And, further, suppose that the BBb to CC cut was done by removing cylindrical tubing. Then, the presumed differences between the BBb and CC horns diminish (or disappear?). So, we are mainly left with fingering differences. Since learning brass fingerings is trivial compared to learning woodwind fingerings, we would be left with no important differences.

Myself, after beginning (just like everyone else) with BBb, when I decided to get back into tuba, I thought I would buy another BBb. I loved a CC horn that I tried, so I bought it, and am enjoying it very much. If I should decide to get a BAT, I would probably look for a BBb, because a BBb is, well, bigger.

Allen,
getting off this horse for now

Follow Ups: