Re: Rhythm & Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff Higgins on February 04, 2003 at 09:38:33:

In Reply to: Rhythm & Brass posted by JoeS on February 03, 2003 at 19:36:36:

I have an R & B story...

My wife, daughter and myself were at a local Media Play store a few years ago. All the sudden I hear a brass quintet warming up (somewhere in the store!!) Come to find out R & B were performing at the local university that night and they were doing a performance at this bookstore. They were set up in the middle of the store. It is one of these warehouse places with an open middle section. right in front of the set-up the store there were several winged back chairs. No one else was even paying attention so I got a chair (with my 9 month old daughter in my lap). We were no more than 5 feet from them. We wre talking before they started the set and they said they get kinda loud and I might want to move because of my daughter. As a tuba-playing band director's daughter, Katie didn't have a problem. She started "dancing" and the guys started picking at her (between tunes and while they were playing). It was great, and they all seemed like nice guys. Being nice to my daughter may have something to with that observation. needless to say I gought a few CD's after the show.

Cliff

Follow Ups: