Re: Re: Re: Re: Flogging a dead horse...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C Oberloh on February 03, 2003 at 21:31:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Flogging a dead horse... posted by I agree, but on February 03, 2003 at 06:27:01:

Seeing how things are are being kicked around somewhat out of context, today I told Tony E that CC tubas suck donkey's! I may decide to let you in on that conversation at a later date but then again, maybe not.

Let's be clear, I am not a BBb biggot. ; ) I think they have their place as does the CC, F and yes, dare I say it, even the Eb. I think it depends on the application, facility and concept of sound or playing style of the given player. This is all part of being a musician and what makes choosing a horn a tricky process. I don't know the reason for recommending a CC over a BBb to the poster, but I am sure I had my reason in this instance. I prefer CC over BBb because of the way they feel but there have been a few BBb tubas where the sound had turned my head if only for a moment. But the horn that works best for me in a quintet as well as orchestra is the CC. It also comes in handy on the Eb treble clef parts in brass band. Just my two cents FWIW.

Daniel C. Oberloh

Follow Ups: