Re: Re: Re: Re: Emergency Audition Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on March 01, 2002 at 23:27:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Emergency Audition Music posted by Doug on March 01, 2002 at 17:44:31:

"The only time a person should be discouraged should be when they have proven themselves not to be any good at what they are doing."

Precisely! In my opinion (and apparently many others who have also posted), going to an audition without preparing the music proves that someone isn't any good at auditioning. It might even prove that someone isn't any good as a professional musician if the behavior is chronic. Perhaps this level of criticism is those posters' way of discouraging the person from auditioning? As far as us stepping in before Don gets a crack at him, I guess I'm just naive enough to hope that I can help someone on this BBS from making what I see as a terrible mistake, even if I'll probably never see their face or even know who they are. I know if I had a choice of being humiliated on this board or being humiliated in front of a respected professional, I'd choose the former. Sometimes a wakeup call to someone who may not know any better is the best thing you can do for them.

I'm glad we agree on the need for civil discourse. I'm also glad we agree about audition preparation, for your sake! ;-)

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: