Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cases and bags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ck on March 01, 2002 at 11:09:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cases and bags posted by Post a... on February 28, 2002 at 20:12:18:

if I had web hosting and a digicam, I would. And I'd post a pic of the bottom bow of my CC as well. What you'd see is that my F tuba has a couple small dings on the bow guard, and a bit of scratching on the back of the bow, but no pressure dings. The bottom bow on my CC (which had the dents pulled out less than a year ago) has two or three dime-sized dings directly where the horn's weight gets distributed.

All I can say is that I would feel comfortable lobbing a softball at my F tuba in my RB bag, and I wouldn't with my CC in my ProTec. I know that if my horn gets dropped or something of significant weight gets dropped on it, then a bag is not going to protect it as well as a case would. That's why I have good cases for when I go on tour or fly. I trust myself enough to keep my horn in a good bag (again, that's why I've got a Cronkhite bag on order - better ProTection than a ProTec) in order to give myself the convenience of a smaller, lighter load. And it seems like most tuba players who have to tote their horns around town on a daily basis feel the same way.

Plus, I don't have the money to buy the pickup truck I would need to get my Johnson case around town.

-ck

Follow Ups: