Re: 52J vs. CCC vs. MW2145.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric on February 28, 2002 at 22:32:09:

In Reply to: 52J vs. CCC vs. MW2145. posted by Curious in NW FL. on February 28, 2002 at 17:48:27:

I can give you some ideas about the 52-J. First the pistons, if you really like the feel of roters you might not be happy with the Conn. The throw on the trigger seems a little bug sometimes. The 4th valve slides sticking out so far might cause some unwanted damage. Chosing between the 52-J and the 56-J can be tough. Here's some good points. The horn is a breeze to play. Put enough air in it and it will play its self. The it sounds pretty open through-out the entire range of the horn, there aren't really any particularly stuff notes. Workmanship, I got a used 52-J and you could tell a few of the marks on the horn were there from the get go, a few soder clumps, and a few small distortions in the finish. But the sound is the important part. But the sound is great I've had so many compliments, I was on tuba exchange model BBb Miraphone-186, so it was a gigantic improvement. And it practicly plays it's self.

Eric "My first born will be named Conn 52-J" Donald

Follow Ups: