Re: Possible stolen VMI on auction site

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on February 27, 2002 at 10:20:04:

In Reply to: Possible stolen VMI on auction site posted by LV on February 27, 2002 at 07:43:33:

I have looked at the seller's other auctions and feedback. I might assume that this is a store or pawn shop selling the horn. Mr. Jordan needs to go to the store with the copy of his serial numbers, the police report, and be prepared to wage a legal battle over the recovery of the horn.

If this is a business, they will certainly wish to consider the consequences of selling known stolen property. They will, however, wish to recoup their losses from the buying of the horn. This will lead to a legal process, and the horn might end up in limbo for a while.

I know there is no reserve and a very low opening on the horn, but this does not mean that it is an individual selling.

I am tempted to bid on this horn in order to see that it gets back to its rightful owner if that is what it takes. I hope that the seller will take steps to see that this is not the stolen tuba mentioned. I would also contribute to the purchase of the horn if someone else wanted to undertake the same idea.

BTW, this is a good example of people keeping their eyes open for possible criminal activity. Although the tuba isn't my horn, thanks for keeping your eyes open.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: