TMEA in general and Symphonia

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on February 24, 2002 at 01:02:59:

Symphonia played today at 11:30 and with a local, Lee Hip and some outstanding sub help, still their usual great self and Winston had them playing fine.

If you ever get a chance to come to TMEA, come on down. Great weather, food, clinics of all kinds and at all levels and concerts and a fun town. The largest set of displays you will ever see at any Educator convention and worth going to just for the displays. One of the best places to buy music if you are looking. I guarantee you will not find more music vendors at any convention than at TMEA.

The clinics are in several categories, band, orchestra, choral, music therapy and college and different interests in all of them including clinicians of all types. You need to book housing in July because they always fill out fast if you want discount rates. If you stay away from the convention center hotels are always cheaper. You can also reserve for yourself in advance if the hotel chain will let you but book early. Parking is $4 a day right next to the Convention center but it is leave it all day.

I have been coming to TMEA's since 1971 and come every year I get a chance. Missouri was pretty good too and in a nice town.

Follow Ups: