Clinics and concert in NC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony Granados on February 22, 2002 at 11:21:32:

This is another announcement about the Triangle Youth Brass band and its upcoming performance on March 9th at 8:00 PM in the new Meymandi Concert Hall in Raleigh, NC. I know the solists are not tuba players, but they are world class brass musicians. Terry Everson on trumpet, and Mike Kris on trombone. Tickets are 15 for adults and 10 for seniors and students. The TYBB are the 2001 NABBA Youth Division Champs, and the new hall is one of the best places to hear brass music in the south. Here is the program:

Festive Overture
Cleopatra
Be Thou My Vision
Moorside Suite
Petite Suite-Ball
Guardian
Air for Tuba Ensemble-Rodgers *Performed byt the tuba/euph section of TYBB
Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral
Irish Tune-encore

During the day on March 9th, Terry, Mike and myself will be giving a recital at 10:30 at the Price Music Building at NC State University.

10:30 Recital w/ Terry Everson, Mike Kris, and Tony Granados

Gregson Tuba Concerto
Waltz for Mippy III
Ewazen trombone concerto
Elegy of MippyII
Artunian Trumpet Concerto
???? for Lifey

You will hear three major concertos and get a rare look at the Bernstein series all in one show. After lunch, there will be a two hour masterclass with Terry Everson and Mike Kris. If you have friends in NC, let them know about this, please.

The daytime activities are free and open to the public. Admission charged for the 8 PM concert. if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me, or look at the web page at: www.geocities.com/tonytuba1/brassday.html

Look forward to seeing you there!

Tony

Follow Ups: