Re: Re: Re: Where is the BEST place to study?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by a tuba dad on February 22, 2002 at 09:29:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Where is the BEST place to study? posted by Kenneth Sloan on February 22, 2002 at 09:09:36:

He specifically asked for the top places to study music, tuba specifically, on the college level. I did not read his post as deemphasizing tuba at all; on the contrary, he asked for opinions on the best places to study tuba - reread his post and specifically the title of the thread.

Secondly, I shifted the focus from "place" to "person." Unlike you, I would never recommend that an undergraduate attend a narrowly focused conservatory, especially for the other educational aspects of college that have nothing to do with music.

How is what I posted, then, wrong? Having personally met most of the "top" tuba professors, these guys are as different as night and day when it comes to teaching style and personality. If you don't think that is important, well, you really don't know what you are talking about.

Finally - this is a "tuba" forum, not a "college" forum - if the original poster is looking for college only advice, he is in the wrong place.

Follow Ups: