Re: Re: New King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg Crider on February 17, 2002 at 00:29:46:

In Reply to: Re: New King 2341 posted by Tom Mason on February 14, 2002 at 16:08:56:

I found that the UMI 2 mouthpiece that came with the horn is excellent down to about a low G, but it's hard to handle any lower. My Schilke Helleberg II works fairly well and has a better low range, but its sharp lip just doesn't feel right to me. Schilke HII's also force you into a certain style of tone that doesn't work in all situations, in my opinion. My beloved Dillon G3 doesn't fit; the shank's too small, and it bottoms out. I'm looking for an adapter currently. Matt sent me one, but it doesn't fit and I'm mailing it back. I finally found that my ancient Mt. Vernon Bach 18 is the best fit for me. The shank is just barely big enough to fit. Unfortunately, it seems to be unique; the cup is not like current 18's, and I have to assume that it was made when the tooling was about to wear out, a common problem with Mt. Vernon Bachs. I can't find another one like it. Also, the mouthpiece is in terrible shape, and I'm looking for someone to refinish it for me.

Follow Ups: