Re: Future for Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on February 14, 2002 at 22:02:33:

In Reply to: Future for Music posted by Leonard Mathews on February 14, 2002 at 16:26:46:

If your main reason for picking your major is so you can get a job, then you are probably in the wrong major.

If you are not too worried about where your first job is, you will get a job when you graduate. It won't be in your hometown probably, but if you are willing to move you will most likely be able to get a job. That is what happened to me. My first job was out of state.

On the other hand what makes you think that majoring in business will make getting a job any easier? Just because the paper is full of want ads, doesn't mean they are jobs in your chosen field or that you would even want that job. I know alot of people who do not work in their chosen or educated fields, music and otherwise. In bad economic times you can lose your job in any field not just music ed. Don't think for a moment that business majors have it any easier. You have to love what you do and be good at it to get a job. Who said it was going to be easy?

If you like business and music maybe you should check out the music business industry. Many colleges offer degrees in that nowadays.

Just a few quick thoughts on your topic. Good luck with your decision.
ken k

Follow Ups: