Re: Future for Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arnold S. Gottlieb on February 14, 2002 at 16:47:04:

In Reply to: Future for Music posted by Leonard Mathews on February 14, 2002 at 16:26:46:

Good topic. Having not majored in Music Ed. for all of the reasons you mentioned, I wonder what would have happened if I had. Luckily for me, I work alot playing bass, so I don't wonder too much....I wholeheartedly recommend doing what you like to do. I have miserable friends who have lot's of money, both in buisness and the music buisness. If you want to see some job listings, check out The New York Times Job pages, and put music into their search engine. nytimes.com If you want to live abroad, especially korea where my wife and a few friends have spent time studying martial arts, learn to teach english, your teaching degree will certainly help you there. You might try tefl.com, and I'm sure there are other sites. I have found that there are lot's of ways to make money, but none of it can buy you happiness. My non-music teachers constantly remind me that working is how we eat, live indoors, etc. They also remind me to do what I do. Whatever that is for me, is not the same for you. I wish you luck on your journey. Peace. ASG

Follow Ups: