Re: What do you love about your teachers?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by james on February 13, 2002 at 18:38:54:

In Reply to: What do you love about your teachers? posted by Arnold on February 13, 2002 at 16:39:01:

i don't know if this answers your question or not. there are many things that i love about my teacher. his ability to play the instrument and his dedication to get better all the time. the musicality with which he plays amazes me every time i hear him play the horn. he's constantly thinking of "the tune" when he plays. I love how easy he makes everything sound. his teaching style reflects this. he is constantly telling me to "make it sound easy". he has taught me how to play with a relaxed,continuous, focused and easy air stream instead of a forceful "in your face, blowing down the walls" approach. i also love how he is constantly challenging me to "raise the bar" so that i never become satisfied or content with my musicality. i also admire my teacher when he's not playing the horn or teaching me. besides being a fantastic and well respected tuba player, he's good with his family. it's good to see professionals who don't lose focus on what is most important. i've missed lessons before because of family things he had to take care of. i respect that. this dedication he has to his family only makes him a greater musician. he also has a dedication to his students and takes a special interest in everyone of them. what else is there to say other than he's just a great guy and anybody that has studied with him would surely agree. i only hope i will be able to keep that same focus once i enter the professional world of music. i suggest that if your ever in the northeast georgia area that you stop in for a lesson with david zerkel.

james

Follow Ups: