Re: Re: Re: Re: doubling on trombone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 10, 2002 at 19:11:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: doubling on trombone posted by Tom on February 10, 2002 at 16:54:35:

Tom whomever-you-are,

Interesting viewpoint. My public reprimand of Hiram was in response to a public display of disrespect. Hopefully, he'll learn that lesson well. How I deal with my students has nothing to do with my ego and everything to do with how I teach them to act in public. Of course, you are free to teach your students anything you want. I can't comment on what you would have done differently because you didn't state how you would have handled the situation. Unfortunately, I don't have the time (nor do I wish to clutter the BBS) to post all the factors that go into my decisions regarding my students. Suffice it to say that I'm comfortable with my decisions and actions in this matter.

Please feel free to email me privately if you want to discuss this further. I wouldn't want to trade insults with you in public as you have done (egotistical, inappropriate). You'll find my email address included in this post should you wish to use it.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: