Re: Re: 56J and cases

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on February 06, 2002 at 00:42:06:

In Reply to: Re: 56J and cases posted by question (?) on February 05, 2002 at 12:55:42:

Still love it!

It's definitely different from what I'm used to, but in good ways. It's ridiculously easy to get a good sound out of it, and the tuning is great. One thing though, is that it's not real forgiving in the low register. If I'm not putting exactly the right buzz into the horn below low Eb, it gets squirrely. But that's my fault, not the horn's since my teacher doesn't have any problems on it down there. He really likes the horn, too.

Don't let the bore size or dimensions fool you either. You can get a huge sound out of this horn. I'd be comfortable in almost any situation with it, and it more than holds its own in the community band I play in.

As far as growing into it, well, I'll be doing that for some years to come. It does have a different blow to it than any other hor I've played on a regular basis. But that just keeps me honest.

Ergonomically, yes, it's very comfortable for me. I'm 5'-8" with an average build. Hope you left-coasties get to try these out pretty soon.

SD

Follow Ups: