Repairman in Norfolk/Richmond/D.C. Area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allen Carter on February 05, 2002 at 01:35:11:

Hey all...

I'm looking to have some considerable work done to my Cerveny ACB 601 very soon. I have two concerns: first, I'm looking for a technician who could repair, possibly overhaul, my horn in a reasonable amount of time in the region I mentioned; second, the possibility of renting a replacement CC for the period of repair. Living in the Hampton Roads area of VA, I do realize I have access to George McKracken in Williamsburg, I'm just interested in shopping around a bit, and also finding someone who would be able to devote more exclusive time to my instrument. Mr. McKracken is definitely one of the best; I was just curious as to whether there was a repairman/repairmen in the area whose specialty was tuba.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: I'm having all dents removed, linkages replaced, main tuning slide lengthened, all slides lapped, chemical bath, and possibly a relacquer job done.

Any help would be appreciated. If any repairman is interested in this job, please reply to me privately by email. Thanks in advance for all the help guys!

Allen Carter
porkchopsisgood(AT)aol.com

Follow Ups: