Re: mouthpiece for Rudy Meinl CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ike H. on February 04, 2002 at 23:03:22:

In Reply to: mouthpiece for Rudy Meinl CC posted by Kurt on February 04, 2002 at 21:16:52:

At the recent D.C. conf, I was going through the PT and other mpc's to find something to work with my 3/4 Rudy. The problem was, I chose not to fly it there this year. But, I did find a great example of a 4/4 Rudy at Mike Russo's BW booth. I was looking for a darker piece to complement my Rudy HM1 which matches the horn beautifully, but is a little on the bright side. Since the Rudys have a peculiar non-receiver leadpipe, it took a while to find one that would work with it's style of response and match the other mpc's 32 or so mm diameter. What I came up with was the PT-82, a German style piece with a rounded rim, smallish throat, and medium cup. It's altogether different than the very funnelly, open, and flat rimmed Rudy piece, but the end result was a very nice compact-but-round-sounding mouthpiece similar in size to a Bach 18, but with very easy response in the extreme registers that will work well in quintet as well as bigger groups. It proved to work as well on my horn as the 4/4.

Follow Ups: