VMI Mel Culbertson (6/4) For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on February 28, 2001 at 14:56:06:

Hi Folks,
I am putting up my big boy for sale. The details are it is a 4 piston / 1 rotor on the thumb setup .748 on the first three, .787 on #4, and .804 on the fifth. The horn is in excellent shape with a few minor dings and scratches that are barely noticeable, let alone affect the sound. The instrument plays well in tune for a 6/4, the only note that is a little tough is G on the bottom of the staff which is sharp, but lippable (I am a slide pullre not a lipper). I don't have any pictures online of this horn, but I can personally guarantee that it is in excellent condition. I feel that this horn sound a little more "germanic" than the standard York copy. It is extremely easy to play and the valves are in good shape.
Now for the price:
$7000 (includes Dolly bag, see comments about quality)
buyer pays shipping, I recommend Amtrak, it cost between 40-60 buck insured to anywhere in the continental U.S..
I am only going to have this horn for sale for approx. two weeks, I wan't to move it quickly, so act fast if you want it.
The reason I'm selling:
I am looking to "downsize" to a smaller, more manageable instrument. I just don't need to keep this horn when I am playing in groups smaller than 40 people.
The horn is located in the state of Rhode Island if someone wants to try it out. Please email me and I will answer any questions.

Thanks,
Matt G

Follow Ups: