Re: getting prepared to buy 6/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by arik on February 26, 2001 at 19:44:37:

In Reply to: getting prepared to buy 6/4 posted by Tim on February 26, 2001 at 08:24:18:

my experience with these 6/4 monsters is very limited but since you said you wanted as many opinions as you can get... i'll chime in. the only nirschl's i've played were the 2 in warren's basement. very fun instruments to play. you just sit back, relax, and they honk no problem. very easy to play. it was the largest i ever sounded (which was still much smaller than warren's sound lol!) overall, if i had the bucks and a use for one i would definately get one.

i have played a number of different yorkbrunners. the only one i liked was dave fedderly's. i think this may have to do with the fact that his is one of the first ever made (i think it's like #8 or something). since the york brunner has been around much longer, they may have changed some things from when dave's was made. the other york brunners i have played are much newer. and even though they sounded good, for how much they cost i thought they might sound better.

i definately think the mouthpiece and the player (especially the player) have a lot to do with it. it is a toss up between the nirschls in warren's basement and dave fedderly's horn. one thing that i know for sure is that i've never played another yorkbrunner like dave's.

Follow Ups: