Try this horn NOW!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on February 25, 2001 at 12:15:02:

Hi folks.
I just got back on a day trip down to Dillon's to try out the new King 2341 out of curiosity and for any prospective students. First of all I have to say WOW! Like it says on Dillon's website, the coice between BBb and CC is now much harder. The response of this horn and playing characteristics are very "CC" like and the intonation is excellent. I have played CC mainly for about seven years now with some F in the mix, so in the past when I pick up BBb's they feel very akward. This one I just picked up found BBb and went, it was that easy! I can honestly say that if any of you have some students looking at buying horns and they aren't really interested in the "CC" thing, make them try this horn. When it hits the market the price will be unbelieavably inexpensive for a piston BBb, and from what I felt it will blow the doors off of almost any BBb in production now (except Matt Walters had a nice 5V MW25). So go try it before Matt W. has to ship it back to the factory if you can!
Also, I would like to thank Matt for taking as much time as possible to put some very interesting horns into my hands. Now I have to work on budgeting my money and buttering up my wife! He let me try some horns that really are the "answer" to some of the things I've been looking for. Plus, he has some real "value" type horns that would honestly pay for themselves!
I can't recommend taking a trip down to their shop highly enough!

Matt "needing to plant a few money trees" G

Follow Ups: