Re: Re: Re: Difference between the Mirafone 188 and

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on February 24, 2001 at 01:36:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Difference between the Mirafone 188 and posted by Tim Loehr on February 24, 2001 at 00:40:56:

Sorry, but I can't prove you wrong. So let me clarify what I am trying to say. There was an "in between" model in the 1960's, kind of a super 186. (May have been a pre 188?) I have played on one and it (as beat up as it was) was a really good horn. The majority of older horns I have played were mid- to late-60's vintage 186's. Most were really good, and all had predictable pitch. One was inexplicably stuffy - really bad.

All of the 188's I have played have been open and had really great pitch. I do not know when this horn was introduced to the public. I had a 1979 Miraphone catalog in German with both the 188 5U in CC and BBb, as well as a 190 4U BBb. If I implied that I knew the release date of the 188 then that was my error. What I meant to say is that all of the 186's that I have played from the period mentioned were far better than those of the later period. Whereas ALL 188's that I have come across have been great (well, great in my opinion - I like a good Miraphone...).

Does that clear up any of the muddle I have caused? I would be happy to clear up any details by contacting Miraphone and then e-mailing you. As I said before, this is all IMHO, based on my experience.

Regards,

Wade

Follow Ups: