Tuba/Euphonium Study at Penn State

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles Socki on February 19, 2001 at 21:34:07:

Dear Tubists who are looking for grad work.

I am a tubists at Penn State and study with Marty Erickson. We are in search of a graduate student on tuba or euphonium. I read all the remarks below about schools to study with and not a one mentioned Penn State. Penn State is an unbelievable school and is up and coming. We have a great facility supported with many fine performing ensembles. We recently hired an outstanding orchestral conductor who has chosen to do such repertoire as Pictures, Festive Overture, Pines of Rome, Firebird, and that is within two semesters. Our wind ensemble is top notch and is conducted by one the greats Dennis Glocke. All that aside, Marty Erickson is one of the greatest tubists and teachers in the world. His recognition throughout the profession and class act mentality are what make him one of the greats. He is a fabulous artist and teacher who devotes 110% to his students and their well-being. I strongly urge all those looking for grad work or undergraduate work to consider our school. You will receive without a doubt in my mind one of the best educations your money can buy from one of the greatest there ever was. We may not have the recognition that Michigan or North Texas has but in a few years we will.

Follow Ups: