Re: Re: Re: lessons on e bay?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam Peck on February 17, 2001 at 19:25:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: lessons on e bay????? posted by Who? on February 17, 2001 at 17:26:51:

Donald Stanley....Tuba instructor at Mansfield University (P.A.) for many years. Also, I think director of the concert band. A good Tubist, a good guy and a wonderful teacher. I had the honor of studying with him for a time and I learned a great deal. I also think he is a founding member of T.U.B.A. I think sometimes we all get a little carried away with the idea of studying with the 'names"....Torchinsky,Pokorny, Bobo etc...when there are a lot of guys and gals who haven't played in a major orchestra but have taught legions of college students technique and musicality.It's a fact that the best plyers don't always make the best teachers. I know this might be hard for some of us to understand but there are some incredibly gifted musicians out there who simply would rather teach than perform. There is a guy who subs from time to time in my orchestra, a trombonist, who could make the roster of any orchestra is the country..He's flat out GREAT...but he choses to direct my old high schools band..that is his calling.

Follow Ups: