Re: Inter-locken

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on February 13, 2001 at 14:51:02:

In Reply to: Inter-locken posted by curious george on February 11, 2001 at 01:51:48:

Send in a tape ASAP. The longer you wait, the harder it is to get in. It was mentioned earliere that the talent level has a W-I-D-E range. All too true. There will be some folks there that will leave you speachless. Others will, well, leave you speachless for other reasons. While I was there the tubists that sat first chair were some guy named Brian (who is probably in rehab somwhere) and Tony Kniffen. They guy who sat last chair in the bottom band was known only as "Fish Lips." Tony was, well, Tony. Fish Lips was probably the first tubist to send in a tape that year, and he probably sent in his tuition check along with it, so they took him.

It was an amazing experience that I will treasure forever. I'll have stories from Interlochen that will be with me for the rest of my life. I wouldn't go back and re-do anything in my life, but if I had the chance, I'd go back and re-live those two months.

Before you go, set some lofty goals for yourself. You might achieve them. Just being around the people there will make you a better musician. Your eyes will be opened to limitless possibilities.

BTW, they're bringing down the tuba hut this year and building a new one. A lot of history and memories are getting torn down. They are keeping the lockers though, so the art work and names that were in there are safe... for now.

Follow Ups: