Airline damage......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt C. on February 11, 2001 at 15:47:44:

I flew up to Northwestern for an audition. I used American Airlines. The flight was from Nashville to Chicago. When I got there I checked to see if everything was ok, sure enough I open my hard case, and the gig bag my horn was in, to find some fairly serious creases in the bell. A little irrate i my horn (couldn't quite understand her english..) when I proceeded to get my horn out to show her, she immediately asked if there was any damage to the case, and there wasn't. She then told me they were not responsible for any damage done to anything inside the baggage. We all know damage can be done to the horn without damage to the case itself. I was a little upset and tried to explain, but it didn't work. She gave me an address and told me to write the head guy with American.

When I returned to Nashville i showed it to the people there. It so happend that this guy's daughter graduated from Northwestern...(lucky me). Anyway, he said to get an estimate and they SHOULD pay for it. I was just wondering what the story is with this. I know its happend to many of you guys. Thanks!

Follow Ups: