Re: Re: Re: Jingbao Brand?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on February 01, 2001 at 20:28:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Jingbao Brand? posted by Beware of the Weril on February 01, 2001 at 13:18:17:

Do me a favor. As a Weril dealer, I would like for you(r band director) to call D.E.G. (the importer/distributor) and describe the problems that cause your dissatisfaction. The tubas will be able to be shipped via U.P.S., so the round-trip freight costs will be reasonable.

To be fair to your "rattling" tubas, we try to avoid selling our superb Dean Yang "Alpine" flutes and our "Pearl" flutes to the local school system (just as examples) for two reasons:

1/ Because of competitive bids, we will only make about $5 per flute, if that much.

2/ Because of the way publicly-owned musical instruments are treated (particularly since societal decay began in the 1970's), our brands would (like other school-owned brands) become known as "crummy" (or the more "common" form of that term). In other words, we don't want people to see nor experience our excellent merchandise in torn-up condition.

Give the tubas the benefit of the doubt. I've seen too many instruments priced below other brands receive unfair criticism (Blessing, as an example) when actually some of those brands make BETTER stuff (Blessing, as an example) than most other larger and more well-known manufacturers. "On-the-take" band directors are particularly guilty of bad-mouthing brands not sold by their "favorite" store. (Yes, I know that your band director does NOT fall into this category.) Your school's Weril tubas likely have been mistreated by bad children, serviced by ignorant repair guys, or both. See about sending them to D.E.G. to have them put back right. Then re-post about what you think of the valves.

Personally e-mail me for D.E.G.'s email address or 800 #.

Joe Sellmansberger
Mid-South Music

Follow Ups: