Re: Tuba with 5 piston founded

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lars Holmgaard on February 25, 2000 at 15:11:00:

In Reply to: Tuba with 5 piston founded posted by UGo Boscain on February 23, 2000 at 07:31:32:

It is nice to see, so many has been interested in my Thein c- tuba.
I got to know the Thein brothers, when they made trumpets and trombones for my orchestra, the Royal Danish Orchestra. At that time they were about making a c tuba with rotary valves for Hamburg (I think). I liked my Hirsbrunner 4/4, but I have alwayes had a feeling that it was difficult to manipulate in sound- no matter what you do, it will alwayes have the same sound. I know a lot of people don`t agree.
I have alwayes wanted a tuba with 5 piston valves, but have been told it was not possible. When I met Heinrich Thein, I asked him if he could do it, he saied offcause.
The tuba I have is a 4/4 model, with compensation on 1. and 2. valve. It is very open in the hole register, it has a god intonation and is easy to blow.
It is made out of thin gold brass wich gives a special sound. It melt perfect with the the stringbases, and when you play with the Thein trombones, it gives you a feeling of beeing an organ.
There is a lot of details on this tuba, so I will sugest you to contact Thein on E- mail.
It is a good feeling to work together with such good instrument makers. They are openminded, and able to give you the answers.
I can understand, a lot of people think their instrument are expensive, but you get value for your money.

Follow Ups: