Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on February 22, 2000 at 02:31:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic posted by HS-in all maturity on February 21, 2000 at 19:16:44:

One other thing that noboy touched on:

ANY pro has spent many, many, MANY hours in the practice room. By the time you get to the point of Johnson, Bobo, Self, et al, how many hours do you think you will have spent FOR NO PAY learning your art?

So a guy charges you $75 for a lesson. What if he/she shows you ONE THING that saves you months of banging your head against the practice room wall to get through the difficulty you may be having? Are those lost months worth 75 lousy bucks? I consider it a bargain!

That teacher is imparting to you that which cost him/her a lot of time (and remember: time = money) and effort to learn or discover. Either they hashed it out for themselves in the woodshed, or they paid someone a lot of money years ago to teach them what they are now passing on to you.

I would love to be able to say that I studied with Arnold Jacobs for 100 chips an hour! By all accounts, he was such a phenomenal teacher that it would have been worth it just for the time-saving advice. There are no shortcuts, but it don't hurt to have an accurate map!

BTW: the teachers that you have seen driving Lexus (Lex-i?) probably have investment counselors that drive better cars than they do.

Follow Ups: