Re: Commuting and On-the Road: Tuba Time

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sam on February 21, 2000 at 23:00:11:

In Reply to: Commuting and On-the Road: Tuba Time posted by Charlie on February 21, 2000 at 21:41:16:

I find when communting between home and college, buzzing on the mouthpiece along with a good ol' tape of the Canadian Brass is both time consuming and fun. Although, it may look foolish, but then again, how many people on the road are you going to see again? Harvey Phillips once told me, to play when ever possible, no matter how little time you may have. Which brings me to an anecdote. Mr. Phillips, when traveling to the Indianapolis Airport from Bloomington, had his wife, Carol, drive their Lincoln. Mr. Phillips, would sit in the pasenger seat with his bell out the sunroof!!!! One time, poor Mrs. Phillips got pulled over, not sure for what though, and as the police officer was issuing her the ticket, Harvey kept tootin' his horn. Talk about a commitment to music!
When I buzz while driving, I find I get a little light headed. So, I only buzz in 10-15min spurts. And as Ken K already stated, try the Yamaha Silent Brass, I understand they made some improvements since it was first released. Hope this helps.

-sam

Follow Ups: