Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver plating???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on February 21, 2000 at 00:16:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver plating??? posted by Todd again.. on February 20, 2000 at 22:51:07:

fine. Take it to the jewelry store in the strip mall down the street. (???)

Yes, they ARE the only place. There used to be another large place in Wisconsin that cost a lot more and was second rate, and over the years I have heard of other places doing a bit of this kind of work for a few years.

Trust Matt. This stuff is not like opticians, tire stores, or fingernail painting boutiques. There just aren't many that fool with it. It takes TREMENDOUS technical know-how and craftsmanship, and there are TREMENDOUS environmental requirements regulating this industry. Therefore, it is not an attractive industry for newcomers, and old places that did it in the past give up and shut down. Maybe they DO have a monopoly. What would the alternative be? (nothing)

Be happy that there IS A place (and they are VERY fair with their pricing, deeply concerned, and POLITE to their repair tech. customers, by the way), instead of upset about their lack of immediate availability to you. (B.T.W., I've heard that if you try and do business directly with them [rather that going through someone like Matt] they will really sock it to you, price-wise.)

This wasn't a flame...just another of my "blunt" posts. I can tell that you are a nice guy, and just want your stuff fixed and back to you A.S.A.P. :-)

Follow Ups: