Re: Re: Re: Silver plating???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on February 20, 2000 at 17:21:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Silver plating??? posted by Todd on February 20, 2000 at 13:49:49:

EVERYONE wants their stuff done in the summer, and IF their rush policy has been reinstated (which I seriously doubt), I can almost assure you that it is suspended in the summers.

Honesty, you are going to have to decide between having the procedure done,or having your instrument by your side.

Talk with Matt, though. An alternative is to take of the finish and leave it raw brass. A raw brass tuba and a silver plated one vibrate the same, I.M.O. Also, if you screw up your tuba AGAIN (B.T.W., You aren't one of those guys who carries his tuba around in a cloth sack, are you?), the beautiful new silver plating job will be sort of ruined if you have to take the tuba apart again for MORE dent removal later.

Hey other friends :-), please don't post under here about "bag vs. case". This has been argued before, and if you search the archives, you will probably read all of the stuff that you were thinking of writing re: this.

Follow Ups: