Old Conn 20K For Sale!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Damarus on February 01, 2000 at 17:38:34:

I'm selling a good old Conn 20K sousaphone. They just don't make them like this anymore! It is satin silver with a shiny, silver wash inside the bell. The bell also has a naked lady on it. Above the lady it says,"Made-By C.G. Conn LTD. Elkhart-Ind. U.S.A. The plating is 100% intact. The serial number is 433101. The valves are in excellent shape. I just put in new springs and felts. All the slides are smooth. I had the corks on the spit valves replaced with neoprone(I'm not for sure of the spelling!). The horn is air tight. When you pull the slides out, it makes a popping sound. Now for the bad news. I has a couple of dents on the bottom section. The biggest dent is on the front part. It is about 6 inches long and about 2 inches inward. However it does not affect the sound. The bell has had some dent repair done to it and is in good shape. It also has a metal shoulder pad. My father paid $1700 for the horn. He is letting me sell it for $1500 (including shipping and handling. It also comes with mouthpipe, two bits, and a King 26 mouthpiece.I will also provide polish, tuning slide grease, and a bottle of valve oil.

Follow Ups: