Re: Re: Re: Amati Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 18, 1999 at 20:37:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Amati Tubas posted by Oscar on February 18, 1999 at 10:29:51:

Yeah Oscar, as a matter of fact, I have played an Amati tuba that played okay. And metal thickness is just one of hundreds of variables that comprise the playing characteristics of any given tuba. The Amati is not the best tuba in the world, but it is still worth looking at just like any other brand of tuba. I prefer not to brand all instruments made by a manufacturer as bad based on the playing of even "several" tubas from a given manufacturer. Statistically, it is a flawed approach. Besides, what I hate may be the best for other players. As an example, I have never played a Mirafone tuba I liked. They sound exactly the opposite of what I want to sound like. So, do I say that all Mirafones are terrible instruments and call them "pigs"? I teach my students to look at all options, as do I, to find the tuba that works best, whatever it may be.

You have your opinions about Amati tubas. That's fine, we just disagree. I'm pretty sure that's okay...

Follow Ups: