King 1250 Sousa Part Needed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill V. on December 28, 2003 at 00:14:52:

Hello to all of the repair buffs on the site!

I am looking for the tube that comes off the third valve and connects directly to the main branches (not the one above the valve that would be considered part of the "knuckles"). It is "U" shaped and the inside space between the ends of the "U" is 3 5/16". One end of the "U" is longer than the other. The horn is silver but brass is fine too. Beggars can't be choosers.

I need this one tube to replace a split one on an early 1950's vintage King H.N. White sousaphone. 24" bell. I thought I'd see if anyone on the BBS has one of these parts they are willing to sell.

Please e-mail me if you have anything or know if I can still order this part from somewhere.



Follow Ups: