Marzan-style Sander CC FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on December 20, 2003 at 14:13:02:

I have a very unusual CC rotary tuba which you may find fits your current playing needs,
I bought it two years ago from a tuba student at the San Francisco Conservatory who won his placement audition using it. This horn is a German Sander CC 4-rotary, the same size as a Miraphone 186 but with a very dark, almost chocolatey sound. The main tuning slide is on top by the left hand for easy reaching, and it has a very short leadpipe due to slant rotors.
It is not a "pretty horn" but it is fully functional, no significant damage ever and has a gorgeous playing characteristic to it. I got it for outdoor playing and really enjoy being able to match with other players who use Miraphones in my section with some of the bands I played in in California. I have just moved for work to Colorado though so it is difficult to justify keeping additional horns that I am not using at my girlfriend's house in California, that's why I am selling. If I get a decent offer on it before the holidays I will throw in a maroon leather RB gig bag. If this sounds like something you might be interested in and you'd like to discuss, please feel free to drop me an e-mail. Thanks for your time!

Follow Ups: