Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yorkbrunner for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by oh right on December 13, 2003 at 19:45:24:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yorkbrunner for sale posted by shhh ... on December 13, 2003 at 17:09:57:

Apart from the silly "mums the word" on a public bbs, do you really think its just SO easy? whatcha think, maybe 1 out of 500 tubas get bought that way? Its hard enough as it is for dealers who have to deal with people who want a months trial period, free shipping, or happen to bash the horn with their MP and then try to return it. Like any of the customers who make such requests of our stateside dealers actually have the wherewithall to get a passport, book the flight, go to yurrop, pick out a horn, navigate things like VAT and customs and duty, arrange getting the horn back...oh wait, they have to be able to pick one out too! Oh wait!! They have to be willing to order in advance, or do the travel according to the seller's schedule and THEN be able to pick out the right one! Oh wait! If the airline munches the bell they're S.O.L.!

Sorry. These threads come up periodically, they are just SO naive-american it embarrasses me. The people I know who did purchases of equipment overseas may have "saved a lot of money"....but thats assuming the amount of time and legwork they used is worth absolutely zero. So....what was "saved" was actually "earned" by doing the work, and (in my opinion) 95% of american tubists are too lazy to do that kind of work. If they were'nt, the Freds and Vinces would have a tough time staying in business, let alone the Dillons and BWs and Low Brasswerrks and Lee Stoffers.

Let the dealers assume all the leg work, and the occasional loss. If WE don't support THEM, then the ones who do development (like Matt at Dillons) or bring in different product lines (like Tony and the Gronitzes and Alexanders at Low Brass Werks) will all disappear!

Follow Ups: